
It's pretty true! Though in all fairness, I feel the need to come clean. I've had two slip-ups in the past three weeks. They total well under half a cigarette, but I apparently have a guilty conscience and feel the need to fess up. I know Mr. P has also had a slip (which I don't blame him for - there were incredibly extenuating circumstances that don't need to be explained on a blog).
Now, I won't say it tastes like my dog's anus because I have more respect for Bailey than that :) But it's definitely up there with licking dirty asphalt or something equally disturbing. And coughing the following day has been enough to remind me that I don't want to do it again.
What's extra weird is that I have more of a "smoker's cough" the day after a single puff than I ever had when I was up to nearly a pack a day. Just one more reason to not go back to it.
And I guess a minor setback here and there is enough to remind me that 1) this is really hard! and 2) I'm glad I've been strong enough to not give in completely.
Thanks again for all your support, especially from those of you I've seen in person lately. I still have a long road ahead of me, but it's VERY COOL to know that so many people are in my corner rooting for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment