Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pupdate: Snow Dog!

Hi Folks! It's me, Bailey Bear! Have you forgotten about me already?



Well, I've been having lots of fun lately. And yesterday was super! Dad had a snow day, and Mom took a half day at work. She came home early, and we all went to my favorite place ever - the dog park! (Mom and Dad have even taken to spelling it now, because I get too excited when I hear the actual word P-A-R-K.) So we went and played a lot with some of my friends...

Here I am with my friends JR, a black Labrador Retriever, and Cello, a Beagle-Husky mix...she likes to try to bite my ears.


and this is JR's sister, Geist, a three-legged Weimaraner. Isn't she pretty? She thinks she's too good for me, though, and didn't want to play with me very much.


I love love LOVE the dog park! AND I love snow! So when Mom and Dad took my leash off, I started to run around like a crazy dog :)





After running a whole lot, I started to use my nose as a snow-plow all over the park. I shoveled the snow and had a silly white muzzle, and then all of a sudden I stopped...and started sniffing intently...wondering...



...Is it? Could it be???


It IS!!! A snow-covered tennis ball!!! WOOHOO! I so rock at this snowdog stuff :)


Once we were all done running and playing fetch, it was time to go home. It was a good thing, too, because I was so tired that I started trying to lay down in the snow! (That didn't last long, though, because my belly got too cold and wet.)

Mom and Dad and I got back home (Mom couldn't get up the driveway because of the snow, and I was a little scared)...and we finally got inside and I went and curled up in my favorite blanket and fell asleep :)



By the way, my parents have gone 30 whole days without smoking. Pretty sweet, huh? Now it's more fun than ever to give them kisses all over!

13 comments:

LC said...

Damn you dog is cute :)

Pamela said...

too cute! yay for bailey! and yay for 30 days!

N. said...

Bailey,
You look like you had a ton of fun. You have so many friends... I love seeing pics of you in the snow!
Give your parents 30 huge sloppy kisses in honor of their big achievement!

Sarah said...

Best doggie post ever! The snow day looked like great fun!

Jenna said...

Which dog park do you go to?! We go to the Willmore Park (?) one off of Hampton.

Jen said...

Jenna - we go to the U City Dog Park. Always looking for other options, but our membership to U City was cheapest since we live there.

Unknown said...

Wow you got some great action shots! I particularly love the one running AND snow in the mouth! That's great!

Mary said...

I'm loving all these snow dog pictures. And what a treasure she found! Doesn't seeing your dog play in the snow make the hassle of snow worthwhile? Almost?

Trisha said...

SO cute! :)

Marilyn said...

Thanks for the pupdate, Jen. Bailey is the cutest! And I am proud of you and Mr. P for your 30-days!

Anonymous said...

Bailey's tongue is so long!! And I love all the pictures of her playing hard in the snow. Too cute.

Michael said...

Jen, Love the "snow story!" Puppy dogs and snow always makes for a fun time. Congrats on the 30 day mark!

Maria said...

OMG, you look so adorable curled up in that warm blanket! Glad you had a blast with mom & dad!!