Last night was a bit disappointing. I'm just not going to discuss it, but 2007 was definitely a great season. I will always love my Tigers...and it's always fun to be surrounded by a bunch of good friends.
Friday night was a different story. I had so much fun with Carrie, Alison, and Sommer (with an "o") at the Village Bar in Des Peres. Dive bars are always the best, but this was the first time I'd ever done a girls' night at a dive. (Mr. P was a little bummed that he wasn't allowed to come...he misses the Village.)
I met Alison when I was planning my wedding with Mr. P. I loved her from the start, and I'm glad I got to see her again outside of the wedding. (I have this issue with doing business with friends, so I wasn't really looking to make friends with our vendors.) Sommer (with an "o") is Alison's intern, and she's adorable. (Before we met, I remember a meeting with Alison where she kept mentioning her intern Sommer, and Dad was confused...no Dad, not a "summer intern," it's her intern, Sommer.)
Carrie and I met through STL Wed on the message boards, and Alison was her coordinator as well. I ended up doing her wedding programs for her...it was a very short time period, but since they were pretty much the same as mine and Mr. P's programs, I was able to crank them out in time for Carrie's wedding. Anyway, she's a hoot...one of those people who just overflows with personality, and she's not afraid to speak her mind...about anything :)
The four of us had fun on Friday and I'm looking forward to a repeat. Chances are, before Friday night, I never would have put all of us in a room together, but sometimes that's when I have the most fun. Lots of laughter...and one of their husbands wears size 15 shoes. We all know what that means...really big socks!
This morning, Mr. P and woke up and decided to make breakfast. Eggs Over Medium and Grands Cinnamon rolls!

Heaven in a pressure-packed cardboard tube :)
(When disappointing things happen, I tend to crave sweet foods, and since I didn't take care of the craving right away last night, we did that this morning.)
Mr. P and I were going to go to a couple of Open Houses today, but now that it's pouring outside, I think we'll probably spend the day together at home. It's days like this that I wish we had either a fireplace (curl up in front of it) or a garage (sit and watch the rain). Today I'd go for the fireplace, it's pretty windy out there!
2 comments:
I had a great time last night too!! We should definitely do it again some time! :)
Sounds like a wild and crazy group! And mmmmm....cinnamon rolls.
Post a Comment