Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Extended Holidays

We had a relatively relaxing holiday weekend with the family. Schmoogie gets back from Costa Rica tomorrow night, so we're doing our family Christmas on Saturday - I'm really looking forward to it! Tradition has it that we make a whole mess of appetizers and have that for dinner - everyone has their favorites, and it's so much fun :)

On Christmas Eve, Mr. P, Mom P, Bailey and I went to my folks' house for a casual dinner. I wasn't feeling 100%, but it was a nice time with them all. Bailey decided to wear her "I Chase Tail" t-shirt, but every time we tried to get a picture of the words, she turned around!



So the "I'm just so darn cute - everybody loves me!" picture will have to do for now.



Christmas morning, Mom P came over to our place to make her famous Eggs Benedict! (I guess it's really Eggs Florentine, but c'mon...details!) This is starting to become another tradition, and I'm not sure I could ask for better...why is it that holidays always revolve around food?



Sleepy Bailey graced us with her Christmas bandana, complete with gingerbread houses and candy canes.



In the afternoon, we headed over to Mr. P's aunt and uncle's house in Manchester. K&L gave us a much nicer set of dominoes than we had (double 12!) and attempted to teach us Chickenfoot. I'm sure I'll eventually get the hang of it, and I have to admit, it's definitely easier than the version Mr. P taught me originally :)



And of course, Scrabble. Mr. P knows I'm gonna bury him alive at this one - which might be why I humor him and play the confusing version of Dominoes here and there ;)



After K&L's, we raced home, picked up Miss Bailey, and raced to Mom and Pop's for dinner. No pictures here - just a relaxing dinner. Mr. P fell asleep at 8pm, so the three of us non-sleepyheads played with Bailey. I can't wait for the Round Two this weekend!

More than anything, I can't wait for Schmoogie to get home tomorrow night - rumor has it she *may* have added to her tattoo ;) I'm actually really flattered because from what I hear, she's adding the same character I have. Can't wait to see it!

Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas - have a great New Year's!

4 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Muy Bien. Much better, love 3 new posts in a night! Looks like you had a blast and Miss Bailey is TOO cute.

Carrie said...

Mmmmmm... eggs benedict...

Unknown said...

I love you dog!! What kind is it?

Jen said...

Amber, she's a retriever/shepherd mix.