Friday, November 30, 2007

Misc.

Last night, Mr. P and I went to Il Vicino in Clayton for dinner. I've been trying to get him to go for years now, and he finally gave in :) Nothing overly special, just salad and pizza (decent chardonnay for me, Schlafly Pale Ale for him), but it's just a little different from every other pizza joint (and relatively inexpensive). It's quiet, it's quick, you don't feel bothered, and the pizza's good! A nice change of pace since we haven't gone out to eat in quite some time. Dream job be damned, I just can't afford to go out to eat anymore! I feel like we need an excuse even for last night - we were celebrating Mr. P since he registered for his classes yesterday? Sure, that works...

Anyway, spent some time this morning looking through Schmoogie's photos from Costa Rica. She has this eye that completely amazes me, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from one of her weekend vacations:

Hammocks in Cahuita y Puerto Viejo

Reef in Cahuita y Puerto Viejo

Boat in Cahuita y Puerto Viejo

Schmoogie:

oops!

The REAL Schmoogie:


Dig it. Hope you don't mind my sharing, Schmoog!

OH! And how can I forget...Big XII Championship tomorrow night in San Antonio. The broke Mizzou folks (like me!) will be at Helen Fitzgerald's on Lindbergh to cheer the Tigers on to victory over Oklahoma! Because really, does anyone even know what a "Sooner" is? Hmmm...some mascot :) Anyway, folks...7:00pm on ABC.

GO TIGERS! M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love Il Vicino! It's right by my office, so I often walk there when it's nice outside (and when I'm not in Indiana). They have a really good goat cheese pizza :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing!! You're right, she does have a great eye.

Jennifer said...

I'm late on this, but Il Vicino is my favorite!!! They have the best pizzas.