Thursday, December 20, 2007

Almond Rocca

The office Christmas party is tomorrow afternoon, and this year we're also incorporating a cookie exchange. Generally speaking, this is a good idea, but I have a feeling that we'll be ooh-ing and aah-ing over Oreos :) I'm all for the premade dough (see previous post), but I'm hoping that we'll have some surprises as well.

I decided not to do cookies :) Such a rebel, huh? Instead, I made Almond Rocca from my neighbor's grandfather's "secret" recipe (think my great-great-grandfather). It very well may be the best thing I've eaten in my life, which, in itself, is the reason I only make it once a year...


I must admit, this is not my photo - my rocca is already packaged up for everyone, and I forgot to take a pic. Thanks to Aapplemint for sharing a beautiful photo of an insanely good treat!

So, provided everything goes smoothly at work tomorrow morning, I might actually get to join everyone in the early afternoon (keep your fingers crossed!). Proud of my goodies and hoping for a pleasant surprise :)

1 comment:

Julia Goolia said...

Hope the office party, and all holiday festivities went well. How is the pup? Updates, please!