I seriously wish I could figure out how to upload pics from my camera. I'm not even sure if I have the original software from when I got the camera in the first place!
Bailey's a handful. A good handful, but definitely preoccupying :)
Mr. P and I have been trading off late night/early morning (and the middle of it all) wake-up times to make sure she goes out. People keep reminding me that "it's like having a baby" - I beg to differ; babies can wear diapers, and it takes a good few months before they're running all over the place and getting into everything. We took our first trip to the vet together to see Dr. Britt, and I was pretty happy with our experience. Bailey's got kennel cough, but Dr. Britt put her on antibiotics and she's already doing much better. I highly recommend the Webster Groves Animal Hospital - yes, they're always busy, but Dr. Britt really gave us as much time as we wanted to learn as much as possible and make sure Bailey's healthy and happy. Their schedule works well with ours, and we'll do our obedience training there starting soon.
Some of you know, and some of you don't - two years ago, Mr. P and I had another dog. He was a beautiful animal, but aggressive to the point that we had to give him up. I'm not sure either of us has ever let go of the guilt, but we also know that there was nothing more we could do to help him - and it almost ended our relationship. That experience helped us decide that we didn't want to be a "second-chance" home again, and over the past two years, we've slowly been healing and gearing up toward our life with Bailey.
Bailey has been so much fun over the past few days. It's really been a reminder (and an eye-opener) about how loving animals can be, and how much we want to love them back. So much of how Bailey turns out is dependent on how we raise her, and I like to think that we'll do well.
Plus, how many dogs have learned to "sit" at two months old? She's a smartie!
More another time - for now, free time must be used for rest :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. You are right, puppies are NOT like having babies because you can't put a baby in a crate, and you can't leave the baby alone in the house while you run errands. So in that sense I'm sure puppies are easier than babies but they just make more household messes earlier in life:)
2. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to give up the aggressive dog. But I think it shows your strength to go at this again, even though it took awhile. Hang in there, it really does get better!
oh god, i hope having a dog isn't like having a baby..my dog just peed in our house, (she hates the cold) and ate 3/4 a dominoes pizza from off the table (stupid men)..and she weights 18 pounds. then again, it kinds sounds like a toddler but lets hope our child cannot eat that much pizza....
Post a Comment