Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lucky Woman

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am.

Mr. P made stew last night, but when it wasn't ready at 9pm, he got me Steak'n'Shake instead because he knows how much I hate eating that late. I certainly didn't need the grease, but every now and then, it's a necessary indulgence.

Tonight, we had the beef stew. It was a combination of two different recipes, and I'm still not sure they go together, but definitely a valiant effort. (And honestly, much better than the chicken and rice I would have made.) I'm not sure any quick-meal woman could have it better than a husband who enjoys cooking and is good at it! Score another one for me!

Mr. P knew that today had been rough on me. Work's kicking into prime-season, life's hectic, and we all know I'm a little crazy anyway :) Nothing makes frustrations subside quite like chocolate chip cookies (thanks Nestle) and a cold glass of milk. He also knows that cookies make me think of my sister in Costa Rica, whom I miss dearly. (She's been known to come over with a tube of dough "just because" she thought I might need a cookie - and every shower/wedding gift from her was cookie or baking-related.) So in trying to cheer me up, Mr. P brought a little bit of her to me here in St. Louis.

Schmoogie, Mr. P and I miss you very much and are looking forward to your return home. You and I have a cookie-making date soon.



I really am lucky to have amazing people in my life. I adore my husband and couldn't be happier - I guess more than anything, I'm lucky he stuck around! His drive and determination is inspiring, and even though there are obstacles at every turn in the road, he's always made me proud. And I couldn't have gotten luckier with such a loving sister. We haven't always had it easy, but as we continue to grow up (I'm sure someday we'll want to reverse that process), she amazes me by everything she does. There are so many more people who make me incredibly lucky, but at the moment, these two are the best that could have happened to me.

xoxo

Oh and PS: Update to yesterday - yes, the jewelry's still there :)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oh, such a sweet blog! Your sister is a lucky girl!