Saturday, March 1, 2008

I've been tagged!

Julia got me. ;)

The rules:Link to the person who tagged you.Post the rules on your blog.Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

1. I have an abnormal fear of the dentist. I actually have to take Valium just to get a regular cleaning.

2. Growing up, I planned to go far, FAR away to college, live somewhere exciting, and probably be a lawyer. I wound up going to Mizzou, coming home to live in St. Louis, and working for a small nonprofit...I wouldn't change it for the world :)

3. I love most fruit, and hate most vegetables. Seriously. I hate oranges, but love orange juice. Veggies: I do my best to avoid corn, lima beans, and cooked carrots (but they're ok if they're raw). Exception - I love frozen peas!

4. I used to make patchwork quilts. I'm thinking about getting back into it again, because I want to make one for me and Mr. P. The first one I ever made is my favorite - the backing is cows on a golf course. As soon as I figure out a color pallette that I want to use, I'm going to start planning it.

5. My senior year in high school, I was rear-ended by a cop in St. Louis City. She was absolutely the rudest person I've ever met, and after the whole thing I was so pissed that I tracked down her lieutenant to complain. (My parents, who were out of town at the time, were deathly afraid that I had actually gone down to the station...I think they're still a little weirded out by the Big Bad City of STL, even after living in the area for 25+ years!)

6. I would love to live in Benton Park or Lafayette Square. The history and architecture in those two neighborhoods is captivating, and I love the way I feel every time I'm there. I quietly keep my fingers crossed that someday we'll be able to afford it!

7. I'm addicted to Oberweis chocolate milk. For a snack, for dessert, mmm...Best.Chocolate.Milk.Ever! It's a little pricey, so I don't always get it when I'm at the store, but on occasion I indulge and treat myself :)

I actually thought 7 things about me would be kind of difficult, but wound up trying to figure out how to narrow it down! Now I'm tagging: Carrie (happy birthday!), Jenn, Yara, Lauren, Maggie, Amy, and Nikki.

4 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Very nice. You should probably just do the 100 things about me if that was so easy:)

Nate lived in Lafayette square, as does my best friend. It's pretty sweet but also a tiny bit scary...big bad STL at it's best:)

seberu said...

I'm the same way with oranges! The fruit makes me gag, but I could drink OJ all day. Weird huh?

Jen said...

Maggie, I've never met anyone else with the same weirdness! (What a relief!) It's the pulp, or the membrane-like stuff on the actual fruit that gags me. Eww.

Leslie said...

Dang, I just tagged you too! Can you think of 5 more? :)