Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tagged Again?

I was tagged AGAIN! This time, by Blog Soup...I'm wondering if she'll guess how we know each other by my 5 things :)

1. I have a horrible addiction to reality tv. There's something to be said for mindless entertainment. My husband can't understand it - I honestly think it drives him crazy. However, he'll watch RW/RR Gauntlet with me, so I'll take what I can get.

2. I love Presidential election years! I'm somewhat uninterested in politics on the local level, but get excited about any major debates. I'm really enjoying watching this year's Democratic primary, but I'm ready for the real thing - I prefer to hear candidates debate on opposing viewpoints, not argue the same platform five different ways. Tuesday is going to be a huge day for me!

3. I went to the University of Missouri - Columbia. (Yay Mizzou!), and I was in the 2000 Kappa Delta pledge class...I was one of the many girls who went by their last names. I remember the house mother who used to lock the front door with her bathrobe tie, so that even girls with the code would have to go around back late at night :)

4. I switched my major a few times at Mizzou. I started out in Business, but when my calc professor (from the Czech Republic) told me that I was "incapable of learning the material" - direct quote, I think it was partially the language barrier - I ended up switching to Educational Psychology. Had I kept with it, I would have been in the first graduating class for the program, receiving my Masters in 2005...but I got bored :( At that point, I decided to take all the credits I had and wrap them into whatever I could. So I graduated as a Communication major with a minor in Psychology. I am one of the most qualified people-watchers I know :)

5. I'm a quiet leader. I prefer to work behind the scenes and get things done, but hate face-time with a passion. It's not my style.
"There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

So, just a little bit more about me :) I'm not tagging anyone this time around, but some more random facts just to keep you interested.

PS - Leslie, thanks for the recipes! I get a kick out of trying some new and fun things here and there :)