Bear's quite the trooper...she wanted to share some pictures of her ordeal, so I decided it would be alright for her to blog, just this once...
Here's a reminder of my St. Patty's Day cast before surgery! Erin Go Bragh!
The next couple days where a whirl...so I got lucky with my early appointment, but then Mom and Dad just left me there! I didn't know what to do. Everyone was so nice, and I slept overnight in a new crate. The next morning, they woke me up and shaved me - I didn't like that very much :( They put a needle in my arm, and I started getting very sleepy...I woke up, slept in the new crate again, and the next thing I knew, Mom and Dad were back! I was very happy to see them!
Sitting by Dad on the way home (my parents brought Renzo to make me feel safe - I let him sniff my new cast a little bit)
Check out my new purple polka-dot cast! (But please ignore my shaved butt...that's embarrassing)
Exhausted after a long day...
Maybe if I pretend, I can still fit under the couch?
Dangit Mom, you woke me up!
In two weeks, we'll go back to get the sutures removed. Dr. Anderson will check me out, and then I'll get another new bandage. Sometime after that, I have to go back for more radiographs to make sure everything's alright, and then maybe I'll get my cast off soon? Mom and Dad are telling me it should be off by May, if I'm lucky :) It's not too bad - I've got my cool new cast (see? I can be trendy, too!) and I get to take my pills in Velveeta...it's pretty gross for Mom and Dad, but they know it's the easiest way to get me to take my medicine ;) They also told me that there are a lot of people out there who care an awful lot about me, so I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. It means so much to me to know that people are thinking about me and making sure my Mom and Dad are doing ok, too :)
9 comments:
First, the polka-dot cast is fabulous. Second, the shaved butt is hilarious. And third, how the heck does she walk in that thing?? Or does she not walk?
Welcome home Bailey! Glad you're on the mend. ;)
Ahh, yes...the walk. Well, right now it's more of a sideways stumble :)
The cast is a bit longer than her leg, due to the splint inside. She'll get used to it soon, but especially when she's on her doggie downers, it's wobbly, at best. (I had to hold her up by her right butt cheek to help her move earlier.)
Hello, Bailey~It's me, Henry. I sometimes blog, too!
My mommy is a good PT and she can help you with your gait deficiencies [walking problems] if you need it! And I think your shaved butt is HOTT:)
So glad you are home safe and sound. Keep trying for underneath the couch. You can do it.
Oh Bailey...you look so cute! Love the new cast...can't wait to see the new bandage too! Yo kids are keeping me exhausted with all of the puppy dramas! I seriously don't know if I will be able to handle one of you guys!!!
Poor Bailey! I'm sending get well soon wishes your way. Lola our 8 month old boxer has been having a crazy time here lately too. It's so hard because you feel so helpless when it comes to your pet. Bailey will be back to normal soon though.
Hanna
Bailey - I am so glad you're home with Mom and Dad again! I know being in a cast cannot be much fun, but you sure do look cute in your polka dot cast. And don't stress about the shaved butt - that hair will grow back in now time!
Take it easy and rest up. Oh, and make sure your Mom let's you blog again, we like hearing from you!!!
What a relief to hear Bailey is home & recovering!
Thank god!! I was just waiting to hear that your girl was home safe and sound :) She looks just gorgeous in her stylin' cast, too.
Louie says to heal up quickly, so that maybe someday she can join him for a playdate. He can use as many friends as he can get right now!
I am late on this but sorry to hear about Bailey. How is she doing?? Hopefully she is doing better. And I have been keeping you in my thoughts.
Post a Comment