Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Homeowner Envy

At what point do you give in and just say "I have GOT to get into a house" and really do it? Last night's conversation with my wonderful husband:

Mr. P: You came home for lunch yesterday, right?

Me: No, I was going to, but it was pouring so I decided to stay at work.

Mr. P: So you didn't lock the deadbolt?

Me: Nope. Why, was it locked?

Mr. P: um, yeah...will you go check to make sure your jewelry is still there?

Apparently, someone was in our apartment - our home - yesterday. After a phone call to the landlord this morning to determine that no, there was no work order, and there was no reason for someone to have been there, I'm livid. I want a place where my husband and I are the only ones with keys! (except, of course, for the one trusted neighbor or friend for the inevitable lockout)

With that said, I'm starting to look a little harder than before. Still just looking (perhaps?), but the dream of owning is becoming so much harder to ignore.

No comments: