We've had more work to do than we realized, which is delaying our move, and in turn stressing me out!
We just got back in touch with the Webster Groves inspector, and the following can all be considered positive :)
1. Good: The downstairs half bath does NOT have to be functional. We can cap it off for now, and redo it at a later date.
2. Better: Most of the electrical is being done today. We were told we needed to ground all of the outlets in specific rooms, which was going to require drilling through concrete (all the external, load bearing walls), and was going to cost an arm and a leg. Mr. P found an alternative solution and the inspector OK'ed it.
3. BEST: We can move all our things in ASAP, as long as we're not "living" there until we have the occupancy permit. Obtaining the permit may take less time than expected, as we've really busted our butts lately...BUT, in the event it takes a while, my folks have (generously) offered to let us use one of their spare bedrooms until the permit is issued. SOOO, we won't have to pay both rent AND mortgage come September.
Other: Did I mention that Pop, one of my resident rock stars (Mom P is also included in this list), was able to fix our fence and save a couple hundred dollars?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that is great news, Jen! Congrats to you for all your hard work!
Moving in with the 'rents! Isn't it funny how excited you are to do that at our age? We'll be in the same boat when we put our condo on the market. Glad everything is working out. I can't believe how much work you guys have done. I can't wait to see it!
Such great news! Exactly what you needed. :)
YAY! Very exciting!!! I want to see some pictures ;)
I'm so glad you have some good news to share, instead of bad. That is wonderful! Go you!
Yay for good news!!
I lived with my parents the 3 months before our wedding because my lease at my apartment was up. I actually enjoyed it, and happy to save the money.
Post a Comment