Keep in mind, it's a bit of a fixer-upper. I'll show some pictures here and there, but for now there isn't much to see! So far, we've got a new roof that I couldn't be happier with.
Mr. P and I have a lot of projects in mind, but we're trying to keep things less overwhelming by taking everything one step at a time...in this case, our first BIG project will be the bathroom.
Pretty much going to demo everything (see if we can salvage the tub - fingers crossed!). New tile on floor and walls, new vanity, new toilet, etc.
Last night was our first foray into the world of potty-purchasing. There are way more options than necessary! We knew what we wanted, but it was on the third shelf up, so we needed help from the folks at Lowe's. Unfortunately, the one person who could help us was working with another couple...for 45 minutes :( So I sat and waited. In that time period, I determined that most of the easily-accessible models were bisque/biscuit colored...I can't help but wonder why anyone would purchase a toilet that's already the color of a dirty toilet? (No offense intended if that is your choice, but I would love to hear the reasoning.)
We finally walked away with this:

While waiting for the guy to help us out, we ran over to the vanities and grabbed this sucker:

It's nothing fancy or special, but the bathroom is pretty small and we wanted something simple and effective in the space.
My goal is to purchase this medicine cabinet to (somewhat) coordinate, but I'm not in any hurry:

For such a small room, there will be a lot of white to try and lighten up the space. We're having small disagreements about the paint color (once the rest is done), but I think we'll have a fair compromise soon.
So that's it. Our first house. My first home-reno post. Expect more projects to come, lots of frustration through the learning process, some pics here and there, and lots of excitement through it all :)
9 comments:
It is so cute! I can't wait to read more of your posts. :)
Congrats!
Congrats again! And, I can't wait to see pics and all the progress you'll be making with renovations.
So exciting!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you guys. :-)
so awesome! can't wait for this to turn into a new home reno blog!
Congrats! Can't wait to hear of more projects!
Who knew buying a toilet could be so much fun!! ;) Congrats again!
how amazingly exciting... congrats to you and your husband :)
Post a Comment