I've decided to whet your appetites with a few of the listing pictures of our house. Some of you have seen these already, but they're new to the blog. I can only imagine the reactions we may incite, and Mr. P and I are totally prepared for any comment that comes our way - we remember the reality of these pictures all too well.
The house - getting sick of this one yet?

The front door, ugly screen door, and itty-bitty mailbox:

The living room...in all its glory:
+West+(Mirrors).jpg)

The kitchen...from the side door/living room:

...from the dining area:

The dining area/eat-in kitchen:

The bathroom:

I've only got a few more of one of the bedrooms and the back deck. Nothing too exciting. But some of these are downright scary, to say the least!
At this point, the house is pretty much a blank slate. The roof has already been done. The plastic tiles and most of the wallpaper in the kitchen have been removed, plaster fixed, and primed. Dining room carpet gone, walls primed. Living room (ghastly) has had carpet removed (we discovered great hardwood flooring in here!), the mirrored, red-painted panels removed, and painted a light grey. The bathroom tiles (also plastic) and swan shower door have both been removed. Again, plaster repaired and primed. All bedrooms are primed - one was originally turquoise, one fuschia, and one this weird peachy color. All had wallpaper trim.
The fact of the matter is that cosmetic work can do a LOT to change a place. We couldn't be more excited to have bought in Webster Groves, and even more so to begin the long road ahead of turning this house into our very own home.
13 comments:
Wow! If you guys have done all that already, you are amazingly productive! (I think the living room carpet would have been first on my list too.)
I can't wait to see what you will do to this house! So exciting!!!! Congrats again!
you two have been busy!!! i'm sure it's fabulous!
First of all...holy cow, you guys have accomplished A LOT already!! Way to go!
Second, the befores are scary and funny all at the same time...good for you guys for having some vision!!
It might be overwhelming but you'll get it to where you want it and make it your home! Our house was pretty aweful when we moved in and we are almost there....but there is always something to be done, lol!!!
i can't wait to see what you guys do!
seriously impressive, jen.
i hope i don't offend you by saying this, but i think you could smear baby poo all over the floor and it would look better than that black/white/gray shag carpet ;) isn't it TERRIFYING that someone actually CHOSE that and probably even LIKED IT at one point?! oh yes we've seen all kinds of wonderful things in our house hunt. and good for you for having the ability to look past all the craziness. your house will turn out beautiful!
Holy crap! When did you get so much work done already?!?! I am impressed. Those pictures are a little frightening, but they make for the greatest before and afters! I am so happy for you guys to get to completely turn this house into your style of a home.
I see the potential, Jen! Great bones :). And, OMG, you guys have accomplished a ton already!! I can't wait to keep reading about your journey.
I see the potential too. I'm SO happy for you! Webster is such a great area, I think there is huge potential in that house. You're gonna have fun working on it, and I can't wait to see the progress as it comes along. Yay for you!
You guys have done A LOT already!!! You should be proud of yourselves. Can't wait to see how everything progresses!!
Hey, I like those swan shower doors -- they are kind of retro-cool! I know you and Mr. P will build many happy memories in your first home.
You certainly had your work cut out for you, but for a DIY geek like me, it sounds exciting and fun! Do you read Young House Love? Check out their blog. I think it's younghouselove.com. I love all their ideas for inspiration.
Wow. You guys are superstars for taking on the sad sad decor of this otherwise lovely property. Thank goodness it has fallen into the hands of good people with good taste.
Post a Comment