Our new fridge (Whirlpool):

Our new range (gas - woohoo! also Whirlpool):
We also made our carpet purchase at Lowe's. The bedrooms and hallway will be carpeted, the bathroom, kitchen and dining rooms will be tiled, and the hardwood in the living room will remain. (The ONLY room with hardwood...and not crappy asbestos tile or linoleum.) Obviously this doesn't say much, but here's a swatch of our carpet, made by Shaw, color is "Pale Clay":
Guess we're sticking with the earthy names, huh? ;)
Electrical at the house has been completed by the electrician (for the big stuff) and me (for the easier stuff). I feel pretty damn proud of my amateur electical skills, and yes, I'll admit, a bit sexy :)
The glass block window has been installed in the bathroom (no more janky old wood window!) and looks fabulous.
Mr. P and I have plumbing quotes lined up, and are hopeful that will be completed within the next week. Once that's done, we should be pretty close to actually living in the house.
Tomorrow (Friday 9/4) is our BIG moving day - Part 1. We're working with Simple Moves again, who did our last move from the apartment into the rental house. Very pleased with both their level of service and (most importantly, perhaps) their price. Once our big stuff (furniture and such) is moved in, we'll be staying with my folks until we have the official occupancy permit and go-ahead from the Webster Groves inspector.
Best part of all - Mr. P and I received a housewarming gift from my boss and her husband (who are also old family friends). For those of you interested in eco-friendly living, this was awesome because it's a super-practical gift and extremely fun at the same time. We received the Starter Kit from Better Life:
Super cool, and definitely the highlight of this post :) The Starter Kit includes the following Better Life products:
~ what-EVER Clary Sage & Citrus all-purpose cleaner (32 oz)
~ I Can See Clearly, WOW! glass cleaner (32 oz)
~ Simply Floored! ready-to-use floor cleaner (32 oz)
~ Even the Kitchen Sink gentle scrubber (16 oz)
~ Collapsible six-compartment cleaning caddy
And the following TWIST products:
~ Euro Sponge
~ Loofah Sponge (2 – pack)
"A sponge is a sponge, right? Not quite. Look around and you’ll find that durable, biodegradable, and (dare we say it) stylish sponges are few and far between. Use your Twist Sponges for everything from spills to regular kitchen cleanup, and help us realize our vision of a clean world."
Not to mention, Better Life is a St. Louis-based company. I love all things local. I'm learning to love many things green. Could this possibly be any more exciting? I think not :)
So, as the title mentions, Mr. P and I truly are "moving right along" in the process. We've got a long road ahead, but it's looking a little less bumpy than it did a month ago. I'm not sure I could be in a happier mood right now (as long as I don't think about the actual stress of moving itself...).
Life is good.
6 comments:
I've probably told you before, but it bears repeating: you have a very readable and interesting writing style. It's always fun to catch up on your blogs. Thanks for sharing.
Yay! I'm so glad things are going well. That's wonderful. I can't wait to see the after pictures of your new home.
Appliance purchases are so fun, although a bit intimidating because of their fatty prices.
Love the carpet and I absolutely love glass block windows. They are the perfect way to let lots of light into a bathroom.
And YAY for gifts. :)
So glad to hear that everything is coming together nicely!! Very nice appliance purchases.
Also, I have never heard of the Better Life line. Yay for gifts from locally-owned companies!!
Thanks for the Better Life tip! We use method now, but it would be nice to support a local company.
We are about to buy a new fridge, but not in a fun way... It completely stopped working yesterday. :( At least it's sale time!
wow, you guys have many so many changes. i bet the previous homeowners wouldn't even recognize the place after your hard work. i am DYING to see pics!
Post a Comment