Monday, August 24, 2009

Teaser

It never hurts to look at everything together just to see what a mess I'm creating :) But really, our color scheme seems to be working out quite well.

Before you gasp and call me crazy, keep in mind that the house is fairly small, and we're working to lighten the space a bit to make it feel larger and more cohesive.

COLOR SCHEME:


All paint is Valspar, from their Earth Elements collection.
1. Winter Sky (being used above the chair rail in the dining area, will be used in some of the kitchen)
2. Blowin' in the Wind (being used below the chair rail in the dining area, will be used in some of the kitchen)
3. Oasis (this is our living room color, which was completed this weekend and turned out fantastic! Especially with the fresh white ceiling and trim, along with the wood floor)
4. Shadow ("master" bedroom color...master being more of a descriptor than an actuality - love it, which I may have already mentioned)
5. Swoosh (second bedroom/guest room - I have big plans in here, but not sure yet how they'll pan out)
6. Whirlwind (hallway, third bedroom, and probably bathroom - these all need to be painted something fierce, but I'm sticking with something very simple and easy to work with until we have a better idea of what we want)

Our true goal is to create a living space that is both attractive and calming, which is much-needed after the past few months. I'm looking forward to living in a cozier, friendlier environment. One of my fears was this was all going to appear "tan, tan, and tanner" in the house, but each color has a distinct shade, and we've broken it up with some fun in the living room. So far, so good...my favorite aspect so far with the paint colors is that they all change depending on the amount of light in the room.

Today, the new furnace and A/C are being installed. Wednesday, electrical. Plumbing to be announced soon :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love all of your choices and can totally visualize what you're going for with "calm and relaxing" without being boring. Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors, Jen!! I love that everything flows together and is neutral while still adding some color. Great choices.

Angie said...

I agree, all of those colors are gorgeous! You're gonna love it all when it's done! Weeee!

Maria said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the paint choices!! I can't wait to see pics of the transformations!!!