I left my camera at the house, so unfortunately, no photos today. The GOOD:
Master (I use that term loosely) bedroom: painted. Valspar "Shadow" which, depending on the light, appears a grey/blue/green color. FABULOUS. Also, trim has been primed.
Dining room/area: painted. Valspar "Winter Sky" above the chair rail, and "Blowin' in the Wind" (I think!) below. Trim primed, two coats Ultra-White semi-gloss, and tape will be taken off this evening. It'll be nice to have this room (pretty much) done - at least everything but new flooring.
Living room: was painted a light grey by sellers. I'll keep it for now, until I have enough time to give thought to it. Trim has been mostly primed, and I'll finish priming this evening.
Bathroom: tile floor complete. We went with a clearance tile from Lowe's called Keyera
which has a bit of brown, a bit of grey, very neutral and should work with whatever we end up deciding to do color-wise. Chris has done a phenomenal job on the floor and tile baseboard. Today, the toilet and sink should be installed.
OH! And on the sink note, we returned the vanity and went with a pedestal sink. There's a goofy vent that was hidden in the original vanity, and for better air flow we decided to go with the pedestal so as not to have to install new duct work to move the existing vent.
The BAD: we already have a neighbor issue. Due to the grading of our lot, water from their property flows directly onto ours. It's not that big of a problem yet, except they have multiple gardens in their yard...which they watered continuously ALL WEEKEND (literally, at least 10 hours on Saturday and at least 8 on Sunday), and all the runoff came directly to us. We've got a bit of standing water, and a small spot in the basement that needs to be fixed ASAP. All this after we had a french drain and window wells installed on the west side of the house, only to have their crap affect the south (front) of our property. FARK.
I think that just about covers this weekend. Keep an eye out for more updates, and pictures if I can remember to bring my camera home!
1 comment:
dang girl, you have been busy. i am so psyched to see picture before/afters. and that SUCKS about the watering issue. will you have to create a french drain out front??
Post a Comment