Mr. P left town Thursday evening for a THREE DAY BACHELOR PARTY. That concept alone induces panic. Luckily, all arrived home in one piece, though I'm not sure all their livers returned with them.
Since he was gone, it was just me and Miss Bailey to fend for ourselves. On Thursday evening, I had dinner with an old friend and his family while he was visiting from Denver. Homemade (completely) grilled flatbread pizzas! One had chicken and caramelized onions with garlic, feta, and pesto. The other had spinach, proscuitto, yellow tomatoes, and a little jarlsberg cheese. YUM. Not to mention homemade melon mojitos. Phenomenal food and much-missed company.
Friday was hectic as always at work, but I knew I could look forward to a fun evening with friends and pups. Bailey got to go to Fritz's for her very first taste of custard. I think it's fair to say she loved it, and I enjoyed letting her devour her cone :) Another fun night to get away from it all.
Saturday's Girls' Night was perfect, though it could have been a smidge cooler, no? Great food and drinks, lots of laughter, and I was thrilled I could make it this month.
Sunday was K's bridal shower, which was wonderful and we were all thankful for the gorgeous weather. When I arrived home after, Mr. P was there waiting to greet me - it's cheesy, corny, and cute, but we really do miss each other when one of us is gone for a whole weekend!
On the "home front" there's nothing new. We're working on getting an extension for our loan commitment, and potentially we close on July 15, provided everything goes smoothly. Fingers crossed and stomachs knotted...
I'm glad it's a short week this week. We're all headed to my folks' lake house for the weekend, and potentially some much-needed R&R.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so happy that you came over on Saturday. I always have a great time with you! Now we just need to get our pups together!
Saturday was a lot of fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the home front!
A good weekend for bachelor parties and fun in the sun. I haven't commented but hope the home front goes smoothly from here on out!
Post a Comment