It's fairly safe to say that I'm only thinking about my blog when I'm A) blogging, B) reading comments on the blog, or C) coming up with something to discuss on the blog. So when blog-related things happen in my real life, they sometimes throw me for a loop.
MomP stopped by the other night to drop something off, and as we were chatting, I got that unnerving, what-the-hell-is-she-doing feel. She kept peering at my face and I honestly thought I had the unfortunate vegetation-stuck-in-teeth, or even worse, a booger! So MomP, thanks for making me self-conscious!
All of a sudden it hit me: MomP is an avid reader of this blog. It's her way of keeping up with the P family without feeling like she's calling/bugging us too much. (It should be said that neither of the above are possible for MomP to do - we both adore her and wish we could see her more.) But I realized that she was staring at my TEETH! Again, I was a little self-conscious, but I gave her a big smile and proudly showed off my pearly whites. After all, when one reads about my dramatic dental experiences, one probably does think to look at my teeth and make sure there's nothing obviously abnormal about them. (There's NOT!)
MomP laughed and I was relieved to not have the godforsaken booger incident. Though I tend to be careful about what is (and is not) shared on this blog, I also tend to forget the extent of the blogosphere audience as soon as I remove myself from the computer screen. Lesson learned :)
MomP, it was good to see you the other night! Hope we can all get together soon! Mr. P, your granddogger, and I all miss and love you! xoxo, PB&J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How funny!!! I'm so glad my in-laws don't know about mine... :)
And your letter is J!
too funny!
Post a Comment