Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Surprise

The first car we ever bought together...a 2005 Toyota Corolla. Nothing special, nothing fancy, but a big sign of our ability to work together. (Mr. P's old car died the day before Christmas 2005, and on December 28, we drove this baby off the lot. Money was [almost] as tight as it is now, but we found a way to make it work.)



When we're hanging out with friends, and decide it's time to head home, it's usually a good idea to know where the keys are. I almost always ask whether he has his keys when we get out of the car...I always thought it was just because I'm an anal-retentive wife, but now I know it's for my own sanity.

Since my husband is Mr. P, I automatically assume that if the key is missing, it's locked in the car.

I'm usually right. And tonight was no exception. So at 10:30, when I was already starting to fall asleep and it was time to head home...suddenly it became time to call a locksmith.

Those guys charge an arm and a leg after hours! But I was very thankful for the man who helped us get into the car to retrieve the keys. And I'm more adamant than ever that Mr. P has to have a spare key made (we bought the car used and only have one key).

As we were driving home, Mr. P noticed a whooshing noise and realized that car door had been BENT. We pulled up to a stoplight, and he turned and could SEE OUTSIDE BETWEEN THE DOOR AND FRAME. So when we got home about 10 minutes ago, we bent the door back into place. Stupid? Maybe. Logical? Of course.

I might be hobbling around for a while until my leg grows back. Even money trees lose a limb every now and then :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds like soo much fun. =-) I've actually only locked my keys (and my cell phone) in my car once...pretty impressive for me! haha

Sarah said...

I only locked my keys in once. Sadly I was in college, living with my parents, and I had also left my cigarettes on the seat. Damn. I had to call my dad to open the car. Let me tell you, he was not happy to see that.

Angie said...

ugh not fun. I am retarded when it comes to keys, I have to have a spare set of keys in the house and hubs also has a spare set so if anything happens he can come to my rescue. Saturn also gave me a cool spare that is the same size as a credit card. It's in a plastic credit card shaped thing and you pull the key out if you need it. They're thinking those Saturn people.