Tuesday, April 7, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

I recently read a list on N's blog, where she shared 10 of her favorite things all starting with the letter H. I decided I'd play along, though I teased her that if she gave me Q or Z, we might not be able to be friends ;)

Who knew I'd get something as difficult as J? I never thought it'd be as hard as it was! So, after much deliberation and in no particular order, ten of my favorite things starting with the letter




Jigsaw Puzzles...like the one that Mr. P and I finally finished! It really is a great way to spend time together and work toward a common goal, and a great feeling to be able to see an end product


Jicama...in a salad with lime and cilantro, sliced and eaten raw like carrot sticks, YUM! This is one my father introduced me to, and it's the perfect addition to spring and summer appetites.



Jen Lancaster...author of such witty tomes as Such a Pretty Fat and Bitter is the New Black...I'm anxiously awaiting the release of her newest work, Pretty in Plaid (May 5!) Oh, she's got a cool name, too.



Jeans...there is nothing quite as comfortable as the perfect pair of jeans. I've had great luck with GAP's Essential Fit - finally a wider leg that's not just for Mom jeans! My tree trunks worship these jeans :)



Jarlsberg cheese...the perfect flavor, light, a little nutty, and makes one killer grilled cheese sandwich!



Jammies...I live for my comfy jammies. My favorites are a soft ribbed cotton cami-and-short set, but these are looking pretty tempting.



July...the month of my birth, Independence Day, and all things summer-related. How can you go wrong?


Junior...Mr. P is named after his father. Generally, I'm not a fan of same names, but since he's just so dang good to me, I'll let it slide this time :) For those who pay attention to things like this, there will not be a PJP III if I have any say in it.


Jalapenos...nothing like a fresh homegrown jalapeno to put a little spice into life. I'll eat them in pretty much any form, and nachos at a ball game just aren't worth it if I can't load them up with the good stuff!


Jack Johnson...don't need to say much here. Dreamy? Check. Beautiful voice? Check. Amazing musician? Check check check. I'm sold :)


So these are a few of my favorite J things. If you're interested, leave me a comment asking for a letter, and I'll send one your way!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with such a challenging letter. I'll take one too!

Trisha said...

I wish I could have had the Letter J! ;) (Jacoby).

Anyway. . .I've read one of Jen Lancaster's books. I read "Bitter is the new Black." I think I read them out of order, didn't I? Is there a certain order that these books are supposed to be read in?

I can't wait until the Twlight series I'm reading is done, so that I can read the rest of hers!

Teresa said...

I would take a letter!

Coree said...

I love Jicama w/ some sesame seed oil and vinegar. It's great. My mom makes egg rolls and she puts Jicama in them too. It's yummy.

I also like Jack Johnsonm but I saw him last summer in Kansas and he was so drunk on stage and messed up some of his words! It made me like him less.

N. said...

Nice, creative answers!
C and I just finished a jigsaw, too!

Amy said...

mmmmm, jack johnson. I love me him! Mmmm, i might drool some more and then you can give me a letter! :)

Unknown said...

Jack Johnson...yum

Pamela said...

good favorites! i'll take a letter too. :)

Mary said...

Good list! I have such a hard time with "J" in Scattegories. I love jicama too. In fact, we forgot to buy it this week and salad just won't be the same.