If you're like me, you frequently ask a question in a comment post and then forget to follow-up to see the answer!
SO...with that in mind...your questions about my dental quirks...ANSWERED!
Lisa: I did not ever have a horrible experience as a child at the dentist. My mother has always had a rough time with dental visits, and it's possible I just inherited that from her. Extra sensitive mouth, I guess.
Jamie: Yep, my dentist writes my script. And only for 5 pills at a time, so every 6 months (a year, in this case), I have my teeny-tiny bit of awesomeness that makes me incrediby loopy and go-with-the-flow. Sometimes I, too, wish I had more :) (I tend to think Mr. P may agree with me...he seems to enjoy my state of mind on valium.)
Julia: Not afraid of the pain (though it does hurt!). I've only had 2 cavities in my near-27 years, so not really afraid of that, either. But if anyone even mentions a drill, I cringe like most people do when they hear nails on a chalkboard.
I hate the taste of metal, or the thought of it in my mouth. Imagine chewing a ball of aluminum foil. That's just the tip of the iceberg in comparison to how hard the dentist is for me.
Another interesting fact: I managed to get through 2 years of braces. And it didn't bother me NEARLY as much as a dental visit. Who'd have thought I'd end up marrying a man with a dental implant? Go figure. Yes, Mr. P has 4 fake teeth. And he's had the implant for nearly 15 years, and has been having some issues with it lately. I fear he needs a replacement, which will entail some serious surgery and dentist-related shenanigans. I honestly don't know how I'll be able to support him through it all. I can't even bear to listen to other peoples' stories without wanting to pass out.
When the time comes, does anyone want to take my adorable, loving, kind, handsome husband to the dentist in my place?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm late on the dental post, but... I feel you!!! I am terrified of the dentist. If something traumatic happened to me as a child, I have blocked it out. I don't know why, but nothing scares me, or gets me more stressed than the dentist.
I've never tried drugs before a visit... I might need a dentist rec.
Post a Comment