This first one just really grabs me. I even dig the fact that Anya has chipped nail polish.

I totally love the look of a submerged lily pad. I can picture this on the wall in a room full of blues and greens.

The last one Schmoogie had on display was from an abandoned house near Warrenton, MO. This place has been vacant for years, and Schmoogie and a friend of hers decided to go on a photo expedition. This is just one of the impressive shots she was able to get - another of my favorites has already been used as the current cover art for the Webster University Ampersand!

Following the opening, Schmoogie, her boyfriend T, Mr. P and I all went to Mango for dinner. None of us had ever eaten Peruvian food before, and I think it's safe to say we'd all happily go back again soon. My mouth waters just thinking about it :)
Saturday, Mr. P and I woke up early to head to our favorite breakfast stop, the Boardwalk Cafe in Webster Groves. Heavenly (and awfully bad for us, but just so good)! Since the weather was so beautiful on Saturday, we decided to make our way to Forest Park and go to the Zoo, which we've never done together! We're lucky we went early - by the time we left, traffic trying to get into the park was RIDICULOUS. And just made us that much happier for not sleeping in :)
Got home early Saturday afternoon, and then...we cleaned! (GASP!) I'm embarrassed to say how much we got done, but let's just assume it included piles of laundry looking something like this:

Okay, a bit of an exaggeration. But there was a LOT. And Bailey has a habit of stealing clean socks. We recently realized that she's even able to steal pairs of socks out of the same clean basket that haven't yet been matched together...weird.
Saturday night, a couple friends came by, and we just relaxed. It was a nice end to a hectic (but fun) day!
Sunday, we slept in and in the afternoon while Mr. P had to study, I took Bailey out to play with some new (and old) dog friends. My dog is a master at finding the mud puddle and going to town. At one point, she laid in the puddle froggy-style, then S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D out as long as she could. The furry brown one was definitely disgusting and mud-covered, but happy as she could be! And as we all know, a sleepy dog is a good dog :) I only wish I had pictures of her from the afternoon. Lots of mud, lots of running, awesome food for the humans, and a good time had by all.
It's now back to the grind. I've gotten through Monday so far, but I can't believe how much I have to get done lately! The house hunting is on (very slight) hold, but will resume shortly and I'll be sure to keep everyone posted :)
7 comments:
love the weekend full-o-fun and the pictures are amazing. Good luck with the house hunt!
You should figure out a way to translate Bailey's clean sock addiction into her matching all of your socks. How nice would THAT be?!? :)
Omg, i LOVE mango! I want some now!
doggy play dates sound fun. The last one lily had was with two itty bitty puppies and she looked at them in confusion. They were so small....she was slightly annoyed :)
Mango is so fabulous! I'm glad you liked it. What did you eat?
i want to go to mango!
Love those pictures! And Chad and I love Mango - it's super close to our house, so we've eaten there quite a few times and it's always fabulous.
Those are awesome pics and Mango sounds delicious. I will have to check that place out.
I laughed because you said the piles of laundry in your place looked like that pic, but did you notice there was a cute lil baby in the pile of laundry? It's adorable!
Post a Comment