Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quick update

Yesterday's houses:

#1. FABULOUS neighborhood. Cool house, but needs more work than we're willing to put in to be happy. And really? Bigger than we need. But man! I am in LOVE with the neighborhood. I just worry that in order to live in it, we'd have to compromise a lot more than we want to.

#2. PHENOMENAL home. Phenomenally CRAPPY neighborhood. Definitely no.

As of right now, we've got a few "must sees" on our list. And while school district isn't currently a huge factor, it's still a big consideration for us. We could easily live in a not-as-nice home for quite some time if it would suit the needs (and our wants) for our future family.

Oh, and another question related to a home we're interested in: anybody have a rough idea how much it would cost to install air conditioning? Because while school's not a HUGE factor, AC definitely IS :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

We got a big 2 years ago to install central air in our home which is 1800 sq feet. It was $8000Now I'm sure every house is different. our house has radiant heat and no duct work at all, so this was to make all new ducts and everything. We use window units now and it's ok. I've been doing it my whole life so I really don't know any different. Good luck with the hunting.