This is the 7th Christmas that Mr. P and I have spent together. (Holy cow!) We haven't really started any serious traditions of our own, but I expect that will happen over time, especially once we have kids. It's pretty important to me that our children are in their own home on Christmas morning (hopefully we have a fireplace)!
That said, the biggie in my family has always been Christmas Eve. Our tradition is to have a huge meal of appetizers - everyone gets at least one of their favorites :) This year's (partial) list:
1. Mini tenderloin sammies
2. Shrimp & cocktail sauce
3. Cheese tray
4. Swedish meatballs
5. Veggie tray
6. Spinach balls (personal favorite, sounds weird, but I am OBSESSED)
7. Toasted ravioli
8. Chicken livers wrapped in bacon (for the old people - aka my folks - GROSS!)
9. Dessert tray (complete with almond rocca made by yours truly)
There's more to the list, but I can't remember it - which probably means I'm not all that interested.
After dinner and dishes are done, we gather in the living room and open family gifts. When Schmoogie and I were little, we'd open gifts from Santa on Christmas morning. This usually involved games and movies to keep us busy during Winter Break (and out of Mom and Pop's hair).
This year will be a little different, not sure how it'll go yet, but I'm looking forward to Christmas day dinner at the folks' place with MomP joining us. And of course, it's Miss Bailey's second Christmas, so I'm sure we'll have fun with that, too.
I'm tagging Carrie, Jenn, N, Teresa, and the Pamster :)
Happy Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment