Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Thanks!

I grew up in a 100 year-old home, complete with wood beams in the living and dining rooms, and a mother who loved nothing more than to get the Christmas decorations out. It was FABULOUS! There was something about that house in particular that was perfect for decorating, and around the holidays it always felt so warm and cozy and...dare I say it...festive without being overdone? One of the best parts of coming home for winter break was opening the front door and walking into such wonder.

So, I moved in with Mr. P, the folks moved to a new place (not nearly as conducive to holiday decor), and the wonder that was is no longer. I miss it!

Mr. P and I agreed that we're not going full-out with our Christmas decorations until we actually OWN a house...so it's going to be a while. We put up our little 3-foot tree on a side table (and for the love of me, I can't seem to get a decent picture this year), but outside of that, we don't really decorate :(

Anyway...the point: THANK YOU to all you wonderful ladies who've been sharing your Christmas decorations! I can't wait to do our own, but for now, getting to see everyone else's makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (and a teensy, tiny bit jealous!) :)

3 comments:

N. said...

I'm with ya! We're renting right now, and I just cannot get the desire up to go all out.
I miss our fireplace mantel, and wooden banister at our 1st house... I can't wait to be in a house again, to decorate for all holidays, but especially Christmas!

Jamie said...

This is our first year decorating, too. The past 5-7 years we've NEVER decorated. Sad, I know. And you know what? I lurve xmas decor. Lurve it. But this year, I'm decorating. And we're even having a tree. But honestly? Its because of the gno. So thank YOU for coming to the party that's getting me motivated to decorate :) Even though I loathe the bachelor pad I reside in.....

Regardless....if its gaudy and overdone, just know I'm making up for lost time. LOTS of lost time!

Mary said...

Girl, I hear you. I can't imagine getting a tree until we have a house. I don't want to haul a tree up to the third floor and we have no mantle for stockings:( I'm just going to hang some pine roping, put out some vases with ornaments, display some Christmasy candles, and call it a day. I do love seeing everyone else's decorations though!