Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2: The New I-64

This morning wasn't really any better, and I'm discovering that nasty commute time = possible rise in (childish, ineffective) road rage.

I took the alternate route suggested by MODOT. This means that from my house, I go up to Page, east to Kingshighway, and north to Hwy 70, east to downtown STL.

I have a slight aversion to this route, but I took it anyway.

Total Time: 50 minutes.

Reminder, this is up from the 20-30 minute commute I had up until yesterday.

Sure, the snow probably had some affect on the drive. It wouldn't hurt the City of STL to actually clear these roads a bit, especially during a HUGE construction project that requires people to drive roads they normally never would, but do because MODOT suggests them as "alternate routes."

And to the butthead driving the yellow Mustang who thinks it's funny to intentionally fishtail...HEY! ASSHOLE!!! NOT IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC, OK?

So it's Tuesday. Day 2 of the craziness that has become my once pleasant commute. And I will be trying yet another option to get home this evening.

I'm wishing I'd taken Leftturnyielder's commute suggestion from yesterday. She let me borrow a couple of Jen Lancaster books, and I've already finished Bitter is the New Black. Got through the first few pages of Bright Lights, Big Ass last night, and I'm loving it, too.

Today's bright side? My hair was already dry when I left this morning :)

No comments: