Well, the cast has been off for a couple of weeks now! Bailey's pretty mobile (way too mobile, but that's just my opinion). She's supposed to stay calm for two more weeks (ha!), and then we're completely back in business. I should probably come clean - Mr. P and I haven't been overly diligent now that the cast is off. It's becoming increasingly difficult to keep a puppy calm during her first spring! Plus, she's started getting extra mouthy - it's not that she barks, but it's like she's talking back to us for not taking her out to play! Um, hello little missy, I need to put on my mom hat and teach you some manners!
But either way, she's still beautiful as ever:
Seriously, check out this scar - it's HUGE! Also exacerbated by the fact that Bailey's leg is soooo skinny in this picture ;) She's really started to build up the muscle again, and her back two legs are almost the same size now. If it weren't for the silly shave line, you might not even guess which leg had been hurt!
In other news, Mr. P and I went bowling with Pop and Schmoogie last weekend. Schmoogie plays on a league at school (do you "play" bowling, or do you just "bowl" a game?) and we fully expected to have our butts handed to us on a platter...
Actually, we all did pretty well, and I haven't laughed so hard in months. I think we may have to do it again soon :)
In other news, Mr. P and I have decided not to renew our lease and move out in June. The frustrations with our apartment are never-ending, and it's just not worth our stress anymore. G&A are moving to Oregon, so we'll be renting their house. While it's a little sad to think about not moving into a house of our own, it's just another step in that direction. So pretty soon, we'll be U City residents and say goodbye to Richmond Heights. I guess the newest life stress is thinking about the moving process - it's never any fun.
C has had a setback in her illness that I don't want to go into, but she's still hospitalized and I'm not sure when she'll be home. There are so many people who love her, and folks are taking off a week at a time to stay with her and make sure she's alright. I can't begin to tell you how much my family means to me - we have our dysfunctions, like most families, but when it comes down to it, there's nobody else I'd rather have in my corner.
This past Friday was Girls Night Out and I had a blast, as usual - the ladies are absolutely nuts, and I'm determined to stay longer next time. I have a sneaking suspicion that the later it gets, the raunchier and sillier it gets. My favorite thing is that we're all so different and have such different lives, but our common thread is the STLWed board. After so many of my old friends have moved away from St. Louis and as hard as it can be to make new girlfriends as I get older, I have to say that these get togethers hold a special place. Many thanks to Christie and Harvey for hosting, and to the rest of the ladies just for being there!
On Sunday, we made our way to South City Diner for brunch with Mom P. I just love this woman. Seriously, I don't think I could have been blessed with a better mother-in-law. Loved our meal and loved the company. Wish we got to spend more time with her than we do!
Mr. P's making me breakfast for dinner, so I'm gonna go enjoy that, but hope to be updating more again soon!
4 comments:
Bailey is WAY too cute in those pictures. Your life is hectic for sure! I'm glad all is well in the world of the P's:)
Seriously, Bailey is so stinkin cute! I really want her to come over and visit me! Too bad I don't have a little friend to play with her...yet!
So. Flipping. Cute. And I totally LOL'ed at her shaved leg. Too funny.
BTW, your sneaking suspicion about G2G's is quite accurate...
I'm sorry to hear about C, but I'm thinking about her.
Bailey is such a beautiful dog. I'll bet you get comments whenever you take her out in public.
I'm looking forward to the next GNO-you do have to stay later:)
Post a Comment