Sunday, April 13, 2008

More ups and downs

Not Bailey related, so you can stop in advance if you want. Just need to get stuff out.

Up: Mr. P scored the internship he wanted :) It's still gonna be rough until he graduates, but SUCH an awesome step in the right direction! I'm stoked for him :)

Down: My mom called this evening to let me know that my aunt C has cancer. It's in her ovaries, uterus, colun, lungs, and esophagus. I'm devastated. One of the hardest things is knowing there's absolutely NOTHING I can do. C has always been the most welcoming and loving family member - she's always done everything for others. I've watched C step up and be such a wonderful aunt to her nieces and nephews, a strong and dedicated special education teacher, and beautiful person all around. It kills me that she lives in Indianapolis and I can't be there at the drop of a hat. C is a freaking amazing woman.

She found out on Thursday, and surgery is scheduled this week. Please keep C in your prayers. She is more deserving of a rewarding life than most anyone I know.

Other down: In the same conversation, mom let me know that Gramp (her father) isn't doing well. He's always been such a fighter, and survived multiple medical problems. Somehow, he makes it through each time. Now, he's fighting congestive heart failure, and it's not looking good.

I guess in general, please keep my family in your prayers. I know it's difficult for my mom to live in STL, 4 hours away from her immediate family in Indy, especially when she's always been the type to take charge and make everything better. As much as I hurt, it's even more upsetting to know that she's hurting. It's a lot to take in all at once, and I feel completely helpless...and scared.

Sad day today.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my goodness Jen, I'm so sorry! I will never understand why such bad things happen to good people. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. On a happy note, congrats to your DH!

Sharon said...

Jen,
Im very sorry to hear that your family is going through rough times. Stay strong! I'll certainly be thinking about you and especially your aunt & grandpa.

Julia Goolia said...

Oh, Jen. I'm sorry. Cancer effing sucks, especially when you are far away from your loved one.

I'll be thinking of both C and your Gramps. Hang in there!

Julia

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jen. Your aunt and your grandpa will definitely be in my thoughts, along with you and the rest of your family.

And congrats to your DH on getting the internship. That's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news! :) I will keep you and your family in my thoughts!

~Trisha

Mary said...

Jen,

I'm very sorry to hear abour your aunt and grandpa. It's hard enough dealing with one sick family member, but two must be really overwhelming. Try to focus on the positive (hard, I know) and hang in there. I'll be thinking about you guys.

-Mary

Schneiderdoodle said...

((BIG HUGS))I'm so sorry to hear about C and Grampy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Jen said...

Thanks ladies. I can't tell you how much your support means to me. Wish I could say more, but I'm still in shock and not sure how to process it all.

LC said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Megs said...

Jen, I'm late on this, but I wanted you to know that I'm sorry that things are rough for you and your family right now, and that I'm thinking of you. Let me know if you need anything! :)