I suddenly woke up out of a deep sleep this morning and shoved Mr. P to get him to close the window...
Me: "P, close the window, someone's on the roof trying to break in!" (because that makes SO much sense, closing a window because someone's breaking in from the roof...)
Mr. P: (groggy grumble, gets up and shuts the window)
Me: "Oh My GOD...it's an earthquake! Everything's shaking!"
Mr. P: "You're fine. It's not an earthquake. It's just the wind, go back to sleep. You're probably dreaming again."
I've been known to have some bizarre dreams which, thankfully, Mr. P is wonderful at putting up with. Lately, I've had more than normal - they really only happen when I'm stressed, and I have to be sleeping on my back...but when I woke up and showered this morning, I really couldn't remember dreaming anything last night. And I KNOW I slept on my side all night. I got dressed and went into the living room, where Mr. P was watching the news.
Mr. P: "Yep, earthquake last night."
Me: "Told you so."
Mr. P: "So you really felt the bed shaking?"
Me: "Uh, YEAH."
Mr. P: "Really??? 'Cuz I didn't feel a thing."
Me: "Oh, for the Love...seriously, it's like someone stuck a quarter in, and the bed started vibrating."
Mr. P: "Huh. Well, have a good day!"
I'm not really panicked about any of it, but it amuses me that for once, my bizarre behavior was actually validated by something real :) I'm even more amused that Mr. P couldn't feel any of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG, I love the interaction between you and your DH about this. LOL!!! I thought my neighbor upstairs was running around her apartment. Tee hee!
Post a Comment