I'm done with my medicine, except for the tranquilizer. Mom and Dad weren't told to increase the dose after I finished one of my other meds, so I've been pretty high-strung. Come on, I'm a puppy! It's my job to be hyper! After the last follow-up visit, they found out they could give me a little more, so I'm starting to be calmer. They don't give it to me all the time, though...just when I'm jumpy and bouncing off the walls! It makes me pretty loopy, but I still get to take my pill in a Velveeta snack, which makes everything better :)
I thought I'd give one last reminder of my pretty purple polka-dotted cast. I've taken to sleeping with it propped up on my pillow, and sometimes I hide underneath. My leg gets pretty tired, and it's frustrating having this big thing to lug around!
Well, now I'm in a lime green one! I got to go visit Dr. Anderson again last Tuesday, and they took off my old cast. Mom says it's a good thing, because they took my stitches out and gave me a quick exam to see how I'm doing, but really, it just felt like they were pinching my leg a bunch!
It's kind of hard to tell, but my new cast has blue paw prints on it. I don't think it's quite as pretty as my old one, but it's certainly bright!
I have to wear protection when I go outside, because I'm not allowed to get the cast wet. It kind of sucks, and I look like an idiot. Mom and Dad took a Post-Disgrace newspaper sleeve to keep me covered. They call it my "sexy yellow legwarmer" but I know I look ridiculous. And with all the rain we've had...seriously, people. It's bad enough to be a lime green fashion statement, but yellow? Eewww.
I've been sitting sideways a lot. Mom says that I might do it forever. I guess a lot of doggies who've had my kind of surgery end up sitting funny, but that's OK, because I'm so darn cute :)
Mom thinks I've started laying in weird positions. What, this doesn't look comfortable?
So I'm doing alright. I think I look silly, though, with my shaved butt, lime green cast, and yellow legwarmer...I don't think I could be more embarrassed if Mom and Dad had actually tried to make me look so goofy. I know they're just trying their best to take care of me, so I'll let it slide.
I go back for follow-up x-rays on April 15 (and I'll get another new cast - keep your paws crossed for something pretty!), and I should have that one on for two weeks. With any luck, I'll be all better after that!
5 comments:
Bailey, I think the green cast is rockin'! I'm glad you are feeling better - can't wait to see what cast you get next! ;)
Bails, I was thinking about you! I LOVE your new cast. It's pimpin, especially when you wear your yellow bag.
And also, if you start to sit funny because of muscular imbalances post casting, you know who to call, my friend:)
P.S. your aunt Carrie has a huge purple tongue.
Bailey,
Glad to hear of your continuing improvement! Your cast will be off before you know it...in fact, I kinda dig the bright green--very spring-like. My Sunday paper came in a clear wrapper...you might want to alert your parents since there's a few chances for rain this week ;)
--Lynn
Such good news about Bailey! I've been wondering about him since the last post. Thanks for the update!
Bailey,
You are just too darn cute! I'm glad you're doing better and I can't wait to see continue to improve!
Post a Comment