Mr. P had planned a meatloaf, but something was wrong with the ground beef, so on to Plan B: chicken-fried pork tenderloin, dirty green beans, and biscuits. YUM :) Plus, he made gravy in the cast iron skillet - if it's your thing, it doesn't get any better than this!
I've decided to grace you with my awful picture of our horrible-for-you-but-oh-so-good dinner. Mr. P says it looks like a smile - I guess he's right, but our ginormous plates are partially to blame.
Note: Some of you might be a little confused..."Hey, that looks like green bean casserole!" And you'd be right, except in my family, they're called 'Dirty Green Beans' - I honestly didn't know what a green bean casserole was until after I met Mr. P! I really did believe that everyone knew about Dirty Green Beans...guess I was wrong :)
And for dessert...Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding. There are no words...Mr. P did this on a whim with a leftover French loaf, and I think it might be one of my new favorites! Almost better than Cyrano's, if I do say so myself:)
Bottom line: never marry a Texan who can cook if you're not a fan of food, particularly Southern comfort ;)
2 comments:
Damn! The P's are eating good down south! Mmmmm, looks so freaking good.
WOW...do you always eat such amazing meals?!? Man, I need to learn to cook (or just let Mike do it)!!! Looks delish!
Post a Comment