Friday, September 12, 2008

Dreams are Funny Things...

I know, I know. It's been way too long since I last posted. It probably will be again, because life is crazy like that, but I had a awful doggy-mom/funny story to share...

We've been working really hard at teaching Bailey Bear to sleep on the floor or in her bed...but NOT in mom and dad's bed. She's gotten really good at it, and our sleep has improved immensely :) Not that we don't love puppy cuddle-time - we do! - but she likes to sleep in the VERY MIDDLE of the bed...HORIZONTALLY...like the cross-stroke of a capital H. Not so good for the REM sleep.

Anyway, around 5:00 AM today, she jumped up on our bed. It woke me up out of a deep sleep and I made her get OFF (I was very grumbly about it, too). All of a sudden, there was a huge flash of light and thunder almost immediately following. Bailey, standing in the middle of the room, tucked her tail between her legs and ran around the bed to Mr. P's side and CRAWLED UNDER THE BED!

(Guilty doggy-mom conscience enters HERE.)

So I get out of bed, walk around to Mr. P's side, get down on the floor in the dark, and try to coax Bailey out. This wakes Mr. P up, who rolls over to see me laying next to his side of the bed. He got up, helped get Bailey out, and up on the bed she went :) (Such pushovers, I know.)

Fast forward to about 6:00 AM, and we're both sleeping again. I hear a mumble, and ask, "Huh???" because I really couldn't believe what I had heard. So Mr. P repeated himself:

"If you put your bean-counting suit on, we can go for a walk."

Seriously? I nearly fell out of bed laughing. I know I've said some funny things in my sleep, but WHAT?! I'm hoping that this evening, he'll have remembered what he was dreaming about, becasue I certainly have no idea what it meant :)

Mr. P reminds me on occasion of my sleep-walking AND -talking episode that had something to do with red plastic cups. Apparently it was VERY important. Now, I'm excited that I can fire back :)

Enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

N. said...

Ha! That is great! Be sure to let us know what he was dreaming about, if he remembers.
My husband talks in his sleep a lot, and has said some pretty funny/odd things, but I rarely remember them the next morning. I just remember it was funny and I was laughing at him in the middle of the night. :)

Julia Goolia said...

Best quote ever! Glad you are still alive:)

Lisa said...

Now, THAT is funny. Josh has said some crazy things in his sleep before, but I can never remember them the next day.