We got up early on Friday, packed up and headed out with Miss Bailey in tow. Arrived at the lake, started getting the house opened up, and then M&C met us there at about 11 Friday morning. We spent the afternoon hanging out down by the water, and then cleaned up and went into town for dinner. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is a little hole in the wall in Litchfield, IL (seriously), and I always try to make it a point to go for dinner when I have the chance. The four of us shared in the El Rancherito experience, headed back to the house, and proceeded to drink more than our fair share, play with the pup, play card games and dominoes, and then crash hard for the night.
Mr. P and I got a lazy start to our Saturday. Well, sort of. Miss Bailey had an early morning, and Mr. P and I woke up with her, but ended up falling back asleep on the living room floor after she'd eaten and gone out. Floor = SOOO UNCOMFORTABLE. Why did we do that?!
Mr. P's cousin, C, and his girlfriend, K, came to meet us about mid-day on Saturday. So the six of us (and Miss Bailey!) headed down to the lake and lounged away the afternoon. Fabulous weather. Mr. P and I even managed to get Miss Bailey on a mesh raft and float her on the water for a while. I think she's starting to warm up to it, but I won't say that with too much confidence. I can, however, say that she's an amazing swimmer. She'll let us hold her in the water until she's ready to get out. Then, she LAUNCHES off of whatever body part she can find (lots of bruises in bizarre spots) and swims back to shore. Looks like a little leezard-dawg :) I wish I had some pics of that, but water + camera = not so much.
Saturday night, more silly debauchery, a campfire, and s'mores. YUM!
I've always made fun of my Pop for collecting hats, but they came in handy this weekend...
C flaps his wings...
Someone's got M' goose!
Love this one of K&C, because C looks like he's going moose hunting :)
Mr. and Mrs. P
Just a fun weekend with a few friends, but lots of outdoor-time, lots of playing hard, and possibly too much sun. (I forgot to put sunscreen on the top of my left foot - so I'm pretty sure I got my right foot twice. As a result, I have one REALLY red foot, and one that looks like it's still never seen the sun.)
Back to STL on Sunday, and back to the grindstone on Monday. Next time, I'm taking Friday and Monday off, coming back on Sunday, and spending Monday as a recuperation day!
I've also realized that my pictures from the weekend are lacking, and those that do exist aren't much to write home about, either...oh, well :)
4 comments:
That's my kind of weekend!! Looks like you guys had a blast.
Every one of those pictures made me smile! :)
you guys are too cute.
Yeah, your picture taking is definitely lacking! I want pictures of Bailey swimming! Is that a turtle coming out of your hat?!?!?!
Post a Comment