Monday, September 15, 2008

Behind the Dream

Mr. P has been working hard on accounting (bean-counting, perhaps?). I wanted to go for a walk the other night, but couldn't because it was raining. I guess he just mixed the two and that's what he came up with?

Saturday, we headed over to the Jeff-Vander-Lou area to work on Habitat for Humanity's current build project. My office is helping sponsor one of the homes, so a group of us spent the day helping out. A bunch of folks laid the laminate floor, and I was working on painting baseboards and trim. The boards were in a pile in the basement, so while it was a little cooler down there, the pounding right above my head was a little annoying. Long day, lots of hard work, but pretty rewarding.

Sunday, Mr. P and I had brunch with Schmoogie, then drove her to a couple flooded areas for one of her photo assignments. It was bizarre to see roads and buildings we know almost completely submerged. I can't wait to see what she was able to capture, and I know she got some awesome shots.

So, time for another long week! Good thing Monday's already over - wasn't sure if I'd make it :)

No comments: