Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'd been missing out :)

Our tube TV kicked the bucket. It's been pretty much dead for months now, and today, we decided to send it to its grave. Not that the Cards are doing much for me this season, but watching a game on TV and having the score reversed at the top (as in, the top 4 inches of the screen were being projected upside-down) finally did me in. I'm sure we could have taken it to get fixed, but with the new HD changes coming into effect in February 2009, we're better off getting a TV we expect to last more than this one. Seriously, we only had this one for 3 years. And it crapped out.

Goodbye, 27" Philips POS. Hello, Samsung flat screen :)



Of course, Mr. P has wanted to do this for a long time now. And, being the "typical" wife, I held out. Hardcore. There are so many other things we should be doing. But I gave in today (maybe because I found a sale I couldn't resist) and there's no turning back.

It's amazing what a clear picture will do when all you can remember in recent memory is horrendous lines at the top of the screen! Movie night with the Mr. will be a new experience, I'm sure...I can't wait!

First, though, is what I'm sure will be another memorable GNO this evening at Teresa's. And Mr. P will be participating in poker night with some of the other hubbies, so I can't wait to hear all about that :)

Keep an eye out for a post by the Bear a little later on. She's been dying to get back on the computer for some time now...

1 comment:

Amanda, Mandy, Manda, Tomato said...

I'm so jealous! We can't get a fancy new tv until our old one goes out either. I've had our tv since 1997. It seems like it's never going to go out. :(