Mom P's visit merited a fun meal. I decided to go for stuffed portabella mushrooms! My original plan was to grill them, but in order to spend more time with Mom P we baked them instead.
RECIPE: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
(Ingredients below make enough filling for 8 mushrooms - we saved half to stuff chicken breasts for another meal)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
3 green onions, sliced
3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
4 tsp. olive oil
10 oz. blue cheese crumbles
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 tsp. basil/parsley/italian seasoning (your pick)
garlic, salt, pepper (to taste)
bread crumbs
Saute peppers in a pan with oil for about 5 minutes. Add onion and balsamic. Cook just long enough for the peppers to remain slightly crunchy. Lower heat and add remaining ingredients (blue cheese, ricotta, spices) and stir until smooth.
Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (((YUM)))
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the cooked product. I just don't have enough willpower to stop the ravenous feeling and actually take decent photos before inhaling...at least I'm honest, though! We paired the mushrooms with a white wine (pinot grigio, I think?), a salad, and a dark honey-wheat baguette.
Things I'd change: I'd add a little more onion, and leave some of the bell peppers out to sprinkle on top. I love food with a little extra color, though these were absolutely divine, if I do say so myself :)
2 comments:
Mmmmm, those look so yummy! And she is adorable. Glad you are back, Jen.
Jen,
Those look so tasty!!
Post a Comment