Monday, May 19, 2008

One-Week Reward!

After going one week without smoking...my reward to myself - a new work shirt:

Pardon the crappy picture. Didn't keep as clear as I'd hoped. Not quite as bright turquoise, but close enough, and the best part was that it was on sale!

Happy Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for more sun!

In other news: Mr. P and I set our moving date for next Thursday, May 29. That means that I'll be taking off Thursday and Friday to "supervise" movers and get the whole thing underway. I CAN'T WAIT for GNO on the 31st, because that'll be my break from reality ;) Mr. P can have that Saturday night to decompress with the boys if he wants (and Miss Bailey, of course), but I'm taking full advantage of the pre-planned Sex and the City GNO.

8 comments:

Schneiderdoodle said...

Congrats on quitting smoking!! The first month is definitely the most difficult but it is totally worth it. I've been smoke free since November 2006 and it was the best decision I've ever made!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Jen!! Keep up the good work - I know it can be hard. I still sneak a puff or two when I'm drinking...

Jennifer said...

Congrats!! I've never smoked, but I can't imagine how hard it must be to quit. You should reward yourself...and do it often!

Anonymous said...

Congrats new (smoke-free) neighbor :)

Mary said...

Yay for quitting smoking! You don't know how happy it makes me to hear about people who are kicking the habit. Keep up the good work!

LC said...

That is awesome that you haven't smoked in a week...and what a great reward system! But wait wait wait...how did I miss the fact that you are moving? WHERE?!?!

Julia Goolia said...

I'm with Lauren~you are moving? Blog update please?! Did you buy a house?

And congrats on kicking the cigs to the curb.

Christie & Roger said...

One day at a time - congrats on taking the initiative to quit smoking and for surviving your first week!