Friday, May 16, 2008

Elizabeth

We've had Bailey for nearly 6 months now, and have loved every second of it (even the traumatic accident). I thought I was home free when I agreed to get a dog, but now Mr. P's starting to hint at a second one.




Mr. P: Y'know, poor Bailey has to spend an awful lot of time alone...

Me: Yep. But she so incredibly loved and spoiled when we're here with her.

Mr. P: ...I really think she needs a friend.

Me: She's got LOTS of friends! She's got Dieter (lab mix), and Larry (boxer mix?), and Carrie & Matt's dogs (chihuahua and some kind of mix)! Plus, now that she's allowed to play again, we can take her to the dog park and she'll make even more! Don't forget that she and Lorenzo (dachshund) will get to play this summer at the lake. Seriously, she's fine.


I'm trying very hard not to give in. We just don't need a second dog until Bailey's older and more trained. I certainly don't have the time for another one right now! But, my willpower is starting to fail me...and I noticed that Bailey's mom, Elizabeth, is still available for adoption. Damn Petfinder and all its adorable animals!




Part of me really wants to bring Bailey's mom home with us.

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Everyone and their TWO dogs! She is really cute, and kudos to you for having the energy to even consider another:)

Kate said...

We brought home our puppy's mommy about 5 months after bringing the puppy home. They are SO cute together -- they clean each other's ears, the mom disciplines the puppy when she's bad, the puppy can get the mom to play with her by badgering her long enough.... I know there's a lot of factors that go into this decision and you never know how they would get along.... but I just had to say that little girl puppies and their mommies can be a great match :).

Mary said...

You know all the cool people are getting two dogs, right? Seriously, that would be so sweet to bring Bailey's mom home.