Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Toilet Talk



Yesterday was quite an experience in the women's restroom.  Though it's not entirely uncommon to see little bits and pieces of TP strewn about the floor, or the occasional forgotten flush, yesterday took the cake, dear readers.  For those with weak stomachs, do not read on...







Yesterday I sat in someone's urine.









There.  I said it.  Did I provide you with enough time to let that sink in?  Because it happened.  To me.  And let me tell you, dear readers, the crappy one-ply industrial-strength crap they call toilet paper in this building is nowhere near enough to make me feel like I came clean.  In fact, nothing worked until I took a shower at home.  And I'm beyond disgusted.

Let this be a PSA directed to all
Ladies Who Hover: 

1. I completely understand the grotesque factor about touching the dastardly, icky, yucky grossness that is the public toilet seat.  I applaud your ability to avoid having to do so. 

2. Not all of us are that capable, and frankly, I'm just too fat to hold my own body weight up and piss at the same time. 

3. In addition, there is rarely a (silly, almost pointless) paper seat-cover option available. 

4. While I respect - nay, admire - your strength to get a workout on the "go," I respectfully request you be sure you've left nothing behind...because as much as you don't want to touch the seat, nobody wants to sit in your urine.



As a result, I may or may not have posted signs in the ladies room as a "friendly reminder" about bathroom etiquette.  Sure, people make mistakes on occasion, but for the Love of Pete, EEEEEWW.

6 comments:

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

hahaha.
or if you're GOING to pee on the seat, at least clean up after yourself!!! yuuuuck.

Marilyn said...

Funny, yet so true. It's just the epitome of selfishness on some ladies' (and I use the term ladies quite loosely) part to leave so much of themselves behind. Disgusting!

Angie said...

AHAHAHA gross! i've done it many times myself. My sympathies! I can't hold my fat self up and pee at the same time either.

Jennelle said...

EWWWWW! That's definitely happened to me before... Now I always wipe down the seat before I sit down. Still, gross!

Maria said...

I agree with what Sarah said. I'm grossed out for you!!!

Rhonda said...

I can't even count how much pee I've sat in. I usually wipe the seat, then put down the paper or cover the seat w/ lil strips of paper if they are available. I can't hover for the life of me. I know plenty of gals who ALWAYS hover... I hope they clean up after themselves, but I bet they don't b/c they assume the next girl will hover too. But I can't, I will seriously fall over and pee all over myself if I try.