Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rocky Mountain Low

Schmoogie moved to Colorado yesterday.  I'm a little sad...well, a lot sad.  Much more than I expected to be.  I couldn't be more excited for her and the life she's about to begin, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel like a part of me has disappeared.

I have to remember that she lived in Costa Rica for a semester, and we probably talked more then than we ever have (sorry about that phone bill, Pop!)...but that was temporary, and I knew it.

Now, instead of just being down the road a bit, she's down a much longer road, and going through Kansas.  Yuck (and yikes).

She's with an amazing guy, T.  They couldn't be cuter together.

I know she's happy.  And I've never wanted anything less than that for Schmoogie.  She deserves it.  But it's hard to think about her starting a new life, entering a new world, and not being part of it.

It's making me realize how STL-bound I am.  I love it here.  LOVE.  This is my home, and it's where I want to live and raise a family.  But it's not anything new.  It's certainly not exciting.  Emotionally, I can't figure out if I'm jealous, or excited, or regretful, or what, really.  I know this is where I belong, but sometimes I wish I'd taken advantage - or sought out more - of the opportunities out there.

More than anything, though, I just miss my seester.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know how hard it is to live a long way from your siblings. It's good that you can be happy for her though. Just think how awesome visits will be!

Schneiderdoodle said...

Holy crap I know your sister! We worked a StudioB together not to long ago. She was super excited about moving. Super sweet girl!!