Yesterday was a good friend's birthday. We were part of an ever-so-secretive scheme to throw together a surprise party...with 3 hours notice!
:: insert eyeroll here ::
But, I managed to get through it in one piece, tobacco free. Surrounded by smokers, alcohol, AND a bonfire, I took it easier than I ever would've expected.
And I did it. :)
Thanks for the comments yesterday. I know I say that every time I venture out and try to quit, but I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. The support always means more than you would guess, but sometimes I can't turn to Mr. P for support when we're dealing with the same challenge. I did a few flights of stairs at work during what used to be my normal break time (note to self: bring tennis shoes to work!) AND when I got home I jumped on the elliptical for 15 minutes. This may not sounds like a major feat to many of you, but Holy Crap almost covers how I feel. Dinner included rice, black beans, veggies, and a little cheese. (Those commercials don't lie when they're all "Behold the power of cheese." No shit. That may be my biggest food vice next to carbs!)
Today's a new day, and my goal is to do it all over again :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats, Jen! That's amazing. Just proving to yourself you can do it is half the battle. You rock!
Post a Comment