Since I'm deathly afraid of the gym and don't want to pay for a membership right now, I purchased Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD last weekend. And it stared at me from the coffee table for the entire week.

Her face on the cover is a little bit taunting, a little bit intimidating, and a whole lot challenging.
I called Mr. P this afternoon and told him that no matter how hard I try to get out of it, I want to do Level One for the first time when I get home.
And I did :)
I kept up for the most part, but I'm pooped. I feel like jelly. I think I'm OK with that.
While the reminder that I'm severely out of shape isn't all that pleasant, the fact that I'm trying is pretty cool. Mr. P was kind enough to do it with me this first time. We'll see if that continues, but I'm hoping that I keep up with it as much as possible.
I need a LOT more at-home practice before I'm anywhere near ready to step foot inside an actual building where other people work out :)
7 comments:
My RL trainer and I were talking about Jillian the other day. Have you ever seen how she perches on the front of the treadmills while the BL contestants are on them? I was saying that, when she does that, she reminds me of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. I worry that if I tried to do her video, I would always be thinking of flying monkeys.
I love Jillian and I am doing the 30 day Shred too! It kills me but that is because I haven't done it every day. I am stuck on Level 1 because I am so inconsistent. I am hoping that in 2 weeks I can do it everyday and move up to level 2!!! GOOD LUCK! Oh...those side lunges where you raise your arms to the front are the WORST!!!
I have heard great things about that DVD. I hope you liked it!
way to go! I love the mental image I get of the two of you sweatin' it up in the living room. too cute!
Getting off the couch for the first workout seems like the hardest. Once you have a routine, it should be easier, but I'm so not there yet! I hear you on the gym thing...it'll be a while before I feel comfortable enough to work out around other humans. It's bad enough that my cat and dog watch...
Go Jen!! And, what an awesome hubby you have for jumping in there with you :).
I randomly found your blog through another blog that I read and I just want to thank you for posting about this workout video. I have heard a few other people who are doing it too, so I've finally decided to take the plunge. I just bought my copy on Amazon!
Post a Comment