Thursday, February 26, 2009

Open Notes

Dear Persons:
Day 4 of Operation Back on the Wagon. So far, so good. If I work with you, please avoid any and all annoying habits for the near future so as to continue supporting this project. Your idiosyncratic BS does NOT help my mission. In fact, you actually seem to hinder it. Courtesy is a two-way street. If you are a friend or family member, focus on how hard I have tried (and continue to try), rather than tell me my face looks rounder than it used to.

Dear St. Louis Criminals:
I'm driving to work this morning, and I hear on the radio that there was a shooting last night on the street I'm traveling...at the very intersection I just passed. Creepy. Can you move a little farther from my beaten path, please?

Dear Companies Run by Morons:
I think your huge company should scrap your big-time CEOs and hire me. You could spend a WHOLE lot less on my salary, and I bet I could run the company into the ground just as well. It'd be a money-saving strategy.

Dear Kaldi's:
Too much coffee in the AM makes me jittery. I start going nonstop, but can't seem to focus on what actually needs to be done. Instead, I'm writing this blog. How much is too much? Well, today I've only had 2 cups. Maybe you could invent a blend to enhance concentration?

Dear Butt:
The advantage of getting rid of cable to join a gym is that there will be fewer shows motivating me to continue sitting on you. Unless I can find some motivation other than my way-too-tight clothes to actually GO to the gym, I'm a little worried that I'll find something else to help me procrastinate because of my attachment to you. I realize that it would take WAY more months of gym membership costs to buy a new (fitting) wardrobe than it will to pay a monthly fee and actually (hopefully) lose weight to make you look and feel better.

Dear Sanity:
I need a vacation. Sun and water. Lake, perhaps? Considering planning something for the summer at my folks' lake house. Interested?

Back to the grind...and another cup of coffee. Ooooh. Bad pun. ;)

4 comments:

LC said...

Lake house vacay sounds amazing!

Julia Goolia said...

So jealous of your Kaldis! I love that stuff. Keep on drinking it, sister. Nothing wrong with the jitters. Great post.

Teresa said...

Did you end up joining CF?? If so you shoudl totally join us on our Sunday workouts.

Also, they have those individual cable tvs so anytime you have a show you need to catch you can just go to CF! It helps you both ways!

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.