Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm back!

Naturally, when I find the time to blog I forget to bring my camera with me...so I've got a few pics to post, they're just not "real" pics.

Mr. P and I moved a couple weeks ago, and we're definitely still trying to get out of boxes. My major accomplishment so far has been painting our bedroom. It used to be a soft mustard-yellow (dijon, maybe?), and I went with a cool blue-gray. Valspar's "Woodlawn Sterling Blue" - I absolutely love it :) Since my photos of the room haven't really turned out the way I want anyway, here's an idea from Valspar using their digital painter:



Our bedroom furniture is dark, but certainly no four-poster bed or anything (and for some reason, the picture makes the furniture look a little ashy, which it's not). Bought from Broyhill before they went under, but we saw the same collection at Rothman a couple weeks ago:



Eventually I'll get around to hanging pictures and tackling other stuff, but this was a good start. We also made a furniture purchase - new coffee and end tables, a dining room table, and a mattress! I'll save that for another post.

In other news, I did my sleep study - according to them, I'm an "efficient" sleeper - I beg to differ. Hopefully the new mattress will help. Also got bloodwork back - that's normal, too. Glad to know that I'm alright according to the test results, but guess this means trying another route to figure out what's going on.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Love the new paint color!

Jamie said...

Looks good!!! Blue is so nice to have in the bedroom....

Pamela said...

i have a feeling your bedroom looks eerily similar to ours. i'll have to clean it first, then take a pic and we can compare. congrats on getting everything done!

Julia Goolia said...

The blue is really similar to our bedroom, except I was aiming for a gray. I love it though! Fabulous choices, I'm glad you didn't die in the move:)