I never would've thought how difficult it could be to decide on a bathroom together. Mr. P and I have (slowly) begun to mesh our two (rather different) style preferences together...this has NOT been an easy undertaking, to say the least!
Our bathroom is finally (almost) finished. It wouldn't be us if it were actually complete, now, would it?!
You may (or may not) remember the tile we chose for the floor...quite some time ago :) Tile floor, 13"x13" square:
.jpg)
The walls are tiled halfway up with a 6"x8" white tile. We know that 4.25" square tiles are much more common, but we chose to go with something just a bit out of the ordinary...and do a vertical pattern rather than typical horizonal or square. So white tile about halfway up the wall and as an entire shower surround (Mr. P even made a built-in shelf!), the neutral tile on the floor, and the following items have now been installed:
Glass block window (YAY!) was put in place of old, see-through, single hung, rotted wood window with broken counter balance (YUCK).
Toilet and Pedestal sink (both installed quite some time ago):



With this faucet:

Towel bars & TP holder:



(You do NOT want to know the intense discussion that ensued while deciding between a spring-loaded TP holder and a simple ring...but in the end, this one was "FINE" because it curves up a bit and there's "less concern about the TP falling off.")
Medicine Cabinet, but in white (why couldn't I find a picture in white???):

Shower Curtain:

I gave in on the shower curtain. I was prepared to fight for something that I felt was more spa-like, and Mr. P kept pushing much more colorful options. In the grand scheme of things, and in all senses of the phrase "pick your battles," I gave in to the vertical stripes. He has a point - the curtain DOES work with all the towels we currently have. And I've got this concession in my pocket for further renovating/decorating battles ;)
Left to do: cap tiles around the edges of the wall & shower, sand the walls, prime and paint the ceiling (blech!) and walls. Pretty sure I'm going with a light shade of brown...of course I'll be keeping with the Valspar paint in the Earth Elements collection. I'm thinking Dust Storm will be my color of choice, but we'll just have to wait and see...
4 comments:
Ohhh, I can't wait to see how it all comes together!!
You have to post a picture when it's all done! And you have to light candles, drink wine, and simply hang out in there after all your hard work. I like the TP holder-the spring ones are sometimes hard to work and half of it sails across the room when you're trying to put it back in;)
Ohhh...make sure to post a picture of the finished project! Looks like it is going to be awesome! Love the curtain...mine is very similar!
I want a real picture! But I love everything you have picked out. :)
Post a Comment