I'm not much of a crockpotter...this was actually my first foray into the world of crockpot cooking. And the result was a completely empty pot :)
I picked this up from another blog, and I'm ashamed to admit that I don't remember whose it was! I think it was called Salsa Chicken, but my attempt and a couple of additions led me to modify the name.
Creamy Salsa Chicken:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup salsa
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
shredded cheese
extra salsa
Put frozen chicken, soup, salsa, green pepper, and seasonings into crockpot. Cook on low 5-7 hours (I think mine was more like 8 or so, but that's what work does to recipes).
Just before serving, mix in sour cream. Serve over rice with shredded cheese and extra salsa, if desired. The rice really absorbs a lot of the juices, and it was extremely delicious ;)
Changes/ideas for future:
~ serve with jalapenos on top
~ mix rice into crockpot and scoop into tortillas
~ add an onion
Other ideas? I'd love to hear them. And now that I know I'm capable of crockpotting, keep the (easy and simple) recipes coming my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This sounds to-die-for! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment