Monday, November 10, 2008

35 best Restaurants in STL

I stole this one from Angie because 1) I'm craving something different, and 2) want to know your experiences with STL's best. Any you recommend trying out (or avoiding)? I need to update my list of places to try!

Blues City Deli
Gyros House
Pho Grand
The Pitted Olive
Pueblo Nuevo
Pumpernickles Deli
Rooster - YUM!
Steillina Pasta Cafe
Iron Barley
Guido's Pizza
Juniper Grill - I didn't think this was all that great
Royal Chinese BBQ
Tin Can Tavern & Grille
Acero
Atlas - YUM!
Chez Leon - good if you like French food, not so much if you don't
Franco - neat atmosphere, went for lunch w/coworkers
Frazer's - one of my favorite spots in Benton Park for a glass of wine
Mosaic
Nobu's Japanese
Oceano Bistro - great food, had a bad experience with the service, would definitely try again
Pomme
Sage
Sidney Street - on my list for a nice dinner with Mr. P
Trattoria Marcella
Vin de Set
An American Place
Annie Gunn's
Araka
Busch's Grove - why did I think this closed? (I know the old one did, I mean the new one, too)
Cardwell's - YUM
Citizan Kane's - went for Mr. P's birthday dinner - overrated
Harvest - haven't been in years, but remember it as VERY good!
Monarch
Niche
Tony's
Robust - neat for meeting a few girlfriends for drinks and apps, but not a whole meal

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Great list!

My thoughts on those I've been to (that you didn't mark off)...
Iron Barley -- not my style of cuisine, check out the menu before you go. Great bread pudding, though!
Guido's Pizza -- a classic
Tin Can -- they serve food!?
Mosaic -- I swear I've been there, but I can't remember it. Not a good sign, I guess?
Pomme -- Love, love, love! Very small and personal-feeling
Sidney Street -- One of our faves
Trattoria Marcella -- Another staple of ours; not too expensive either
Vin de Set -- Great food; similar to Sidney Street
An American Place -- Haven't been yet, but we're going in January for our post-holiday work party. Matt is super stoked as apparently the head chef is kind of a big deal
Annie Gunn's -- overrated, IMNSHO
Araka -- Only been for HH; nice place
Monarch -- Another place you want to check out the menu first; BEAUTIFUL bar, though

LC said...

Mosiac closed :( It was on Delmar and it was really good! You should check out Vin de Set. Yummy!!!

Mindy said...

An American Place was delicious. We went during downtown restaurant week this year. If you like sweeter white wines they have a delicious one from Willamette Valley.

Mary said...

I've been to 19 of those, and am going to Araka for the first time on Sat.! I'm not quite sure why Busch's Grove is still on there since it's now closed, as you said. And it's a CRIME that 1111 Mississippi is not on that list!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Sidney Street holds a special place in my heart. That is where my hubby took me for our 1 year anniversary and we also had our rehearsal dinner there.

I don't know why Pumpernickel's Deli is on there. I work a few blocks from there and we all stay away! We've been disappointed every time we go.

Vin de Set tries too hard. They want to be "THE" place to go but they just can't get it right. Service, food quality and flavor, etc.

Great post!

Boyd Team said...

Great List! I've only been to 10. I need to get out more.

I agree 100% that Citizan Kane's is overrated. I wasn't impressed. Annie Gunn's has been my family gathering ground for years. I don't love it though...

I really want to try Nobu.