Monday, October 13, 2008

I had lunch with a nun...

...and I was VERY nervous, but turns out I shouldn't have been :) (By the way, for reference, P was the first nun I've ever actually met. So, as usual, I was just afraid of the unknown for silly irrational reasons.)

Two of Mom P's college friends were in town over the weekend, because one of them had a conference at Our Lady of the Snows. It was like meeting extended family you've heard about for years (over 6 now) and never met before!

The three of them made me smile and think of some of my high school, college, and board buddies and the way we can laugh with (and at?!) each other. Three very different women, all sharing a strong bond over the years. You'd never guess they don't get to see each other very often!

Many thanks to Mom P for Sunday's lunch, and I'm so glad to finally have met P and B. The obvious friendship between the three of you in enviable.

Other weekend details: Saturday night, had a couple friends over and watched the Tigers break my heart. After a few beers, engaged in political and philosophical discussions that went nowhere. I know better than to get myself into that - all of us do - but it happened anyway. At least we're all still friends ;)

Sunday evening was our first book club meeting at Pamela's. It was a smaller turnout than expected, but I enjoyed myself. Looking forward to finding out what we choose as our next book. Since there were so few people there, thank God I got a discount on the pizza - but holy leftovers, Batman! At least I'll have easy lunches this week :)

Had today off, but feeling a bit lethargic. Cuddled with the BaileyBear on the couch a lot today. FYI - she makes a hell of a pillow, until she starts scratching her ear while you're laying on her :)

Back to the grind tomorrow. Have a good week!

No comments: